Chicken Corn Chowder
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup lean ham, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cans (16 oz.) low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8¼ oz.) unsalted cream-style corn
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese, diced
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large soup pot on medium setting until hot. Add chicken, onion, and ham and sauté over until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Stir in corn.
- In a medium bowl, blend flour and milk. Gradually stir milk mixture into pot. Increase heat to medium; cook until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until soup is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until melted and blended in. Add salt and pepper before serving.