Chicken Curry with Creamy Tomato Sauce
This quick and easy chicken curry tastes terrific and will leave your house smelling glorious. Serve over cooked basmati rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. salt-free garam masala or curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Cut into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken, onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add the jalapeño, tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, broth, yogurt, garam masala, paprika, and pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring frequently, until chicken is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cilantro and serve immediately.