Chicken Dinner Olé
Serve this Spanish-style chicken stew with boiled potatoes or rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced
- ½ cup pitted and halved Spanish olives
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 2 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Bring the oil to temperature over medium heat in a large skillet. Place chicken in skillet skin-side down; cook until skin is golden brown, about 3–5 minutes minutes, turn and cook 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- To the pan, add the onion; sauté until soft, about 5–7 minutes. Stir in the garlic and paprika and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, bell peppers, olives, wine, capers, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil; reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 35 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender and no longer pink.