Chicken Fajita Braid
This easy chicken braid is a fun way to enjoy your favorite fajita flavors and toppings.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Fajita Seasoning
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (8 oz.) crescent dough sheet
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Salsa, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook pepper and onions 3 to 5 minutes, until tender. Add fajita seasoning, chicken and water. Continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes to blend flavors and reduce water. Cool slightly.
- Over prepared pan, unroll dough. Pat to a 14”x9” rectangle. On each long side of the dough, use a sharp knife to cut 10 (approximately 1.5” wide) strips 3” deep (leaving about 3” of uncut dough down the center).
- Down the center of the dough, spread ½ cup cheese, chicken mixture then remaining cheese.
- Starting at one end, pull 1 strip of dough toward the center, repeat with strip of dough on the other side. Continue to alternate strips of dough to create a braid-like effect.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown. Cut into 8 slices. Serve with sour cream, salsa or guacamole if desired.