Chicken Falafel Patties
This recipe features a blend of protein from both chicken and chickpeas, allowing you to keep the flavor, stretch your dollar, minimize meat consumption and get some added fiber and nutrients. Try serving these savory patties over a Greek-style salad or in a pita topped with tzatziki or tahini sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) Kroger Brand Garbanzo Beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Brand Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In large mixing bowl, smash chickpeas to make chunky paste. Stir in chicken, onion, herbs, salt, cumin, garlic, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions. Form into patties.
- In non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook patties in batches, 4-6 minutes on each side, until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.