Serve these crisp and flavorful little deep-fried treats with pico de gallo or salsa and lots of cold sour cream for dipping.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Mix chicken with cheese in a medium bowl. Soften corn tortillas by wrapping them in microwave-safe paper towels and heating in the microwave on low for about 1 minute.
- Place 2 tablespoons filling mixture on each tortilla and roll up as tightly as possible; fasten edge with toothpick. Heat vegetable oil in heavy skillet to 375°F.
- Fry flautas, four at a time, for about 2–4 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. As flautas finish cooking, remove with tongs and gently tip the flautas back and forth over the hot oil to drain. Then finish draining on paper or kitchen towels.