Chicken and Fresh Tomato Pizza
This pizza captures some of the favorite flavors of summer—grilled chicken, fresh tomatoes, and fresh herbs—on a dense bread crust.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 lbs. pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 grilled chicken breast halves (6 oz. each), diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll dough into 2 circles (12 inches in diameter). Grease deep-dish pizza pans with olive oil and press dough into the pans. Bake for 15 minutes until crusts have just begun to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Distribute 1 cup diced fresh mozzarella evenly over the pizzas. Dot pizzas with grape tomato halves, followed by the diced chicken, onion, basil, remaining mozzarella, and pepper.
- Return pans to oven and bake for 10 minutes, or just long enough for mozzarella to melt and tomatoes to soften. Remove from oven and let stand for a few minutes before slicing.