Chicken Fried Rice with Sliced Egg
As with all hearty fried rice recipes, this can be a side dish or a complete meal in itself.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large eggs
- 2½ Tbsp. oyster sauce, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. pepper, divided
- 6 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 2 tsp. thick soy sauce
- 2 green onions, minced
- Lightly beat the eggs. Stir in 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, ⅛ teaspoon of salt, and ⅛ teaspoon of pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a preheated wok or skillet. When the oil is hot, pour the egg mixture into the pan. Cook on medium to medium-high heat, using 2 spatulas to turn it over once. Don’t scramble. Remove and slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- Clean out the wok if necessary. Add 2 tablespoons of oil. When the oil is hot, add the celery. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the onion. Stir-fry the vegetables until they are tender. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the wok. When the oil is hot, add the rice. Stir-fry on medium heat, stirring to separate the grains. Once the rice is fully coated with the oil, you may add the remaining ingredients. Add 1½ tablespoons of oyster sauce and the remaining salt and pepper. Blend in the chicken, onion, and celery. Stir in the thick soy sauce. Add extra salt and sugar if desired. To serve, garnish the chicken with the strips of egg and green onions.