Chicken in Apple Cider and Brandy
You can prepare this dish in advance. Reheat when you’re ready to serve, adding the cream at the last minute.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 whole chickens (6 lbs. total), cut into quarters
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup apple brandy
- 1¼ cups apple cider
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown for 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch.
- Add the brandy and flame it by setting it on fire with a long match. After the flames die out, add the cider, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, remove the chicken to a serving dish. Add the cream to the sauce in the pan, and heat for 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken, sprinkle with rosemary, and serve.