Chicken in Apple Cider and Brandy
Save to My Recipes
You can prepare this dish in advance. Reheat when you’re ready to serve, adding the cream at the last minute.
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 whole chickens (6 lbs. total), cut into quarters
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup apple brandy
- 1¼ cups apple cider
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown for 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch.
- Add the brandy and flame it by setting it on fire with a long match. After the flames die out, add the cider, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Just before serving, remove the chicken to a serving dish. Add the cream to the sauce in the pan, and heat for 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over chicken, sprinkle with rosemary, and serve.