Try serving this dish with large wedges of lemon to squeeze over the chicken. The bright acidic tang complements the Mediterranean flavors of this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ cups chopped green peppers
- 1½ lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add onions, garlic, and peppers; sauté for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent. Add chicken pieces; cook for about 5 minutes on each side until lightly brown.
- Add tomatoes and oregano. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add olives; simmer an additional 10 minutes before serving.