Chicken à la King on Toast
This classic recipe can also be made with turkey in the title role.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, stemmed
- ½ lb. cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 Tbsp. chopped red pepper
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- Combine the soup, milk, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add mushrooms and chicken. Simmer until the vegetables and chicken are heated through. Add the chopped red pepper and serve over toast.