Chicken à la King Pie
Adjust the seasoning in this recipe according to how well the cooked chicken and gravy are seasoned. For example, if herbs aren’t needed, substitute a finely minced shallot for the Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Blend.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 can (4½ oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup store-bought chicken gravy
- ½ cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Blend
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 package (15 oz.) refrigerated peel-and-unroll-style pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a bowl, mix together the chicken, mushrooms, gravy, peas, cream, Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Blend, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Line the bottom of a 9½" deep-dish pie pan with one of the pie crusts. Add the chicken mixture to the pan. Cover the pie with the remaining crust; seal and flute the edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust. Bake for 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.