Other meats aside from chicken can be used for this dish. You can buy ground meat from the store or grind your own meat using a food processor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. uncooked sticky rice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 oz. ground chicken
- 3 Tbsp. chicken stock
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 small Thai chili, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. minced basil
- ¼ cup chopped mint
- Dry-roast sticky rice in a frying pan over medium heat. Stir until golden brown, about 10–15 minutes. Grind roasted rice in a coffee grinder and set aside.
- Add minced garlic and ½ teaspoon salt to the ground chicken.
- Heat stock in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and stir in sugar. Add chicken mixture and simmer, stirring often, until just cooked, about 2–3 minutes.
- Season with lime juice, chili, and fish sauce. Mix in shallots, basil, mint, and ground roasted rice.