Enjoy the flavor of traditional lasagna without all the carbs. Seared chicken cutlets take the place of pasta in this craveable comfort food recipe.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil, for cooking
- 1 container (15 oz.) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 Oz.) Kroger® Recipe Beginnings Frozen Chopped Spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (25 oz.) no sugar added tomato sauce
- 3 cups Kroger Brand Finely Shredded Italian Style Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 8”x8” baking dish; set aside.
- Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken, in batches, until browned on outside and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Set aside.
- In large bowl, stir together ricotta, spinach, egg and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Place about ¼ cup sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Top with layer of chicken cutlets, ⅓ the remaining sauce, ½ the ricotta mixture and 1 cup cheese. Repeat layering once more. Top with final layer of chicken, remaining sauce and cheese.
- Set baking dish on rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until cheese on top is melted and browning on edges.
- Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.