Chicken Lettuce Wraps
These Asian-inspired wraps are impressive in presentation and fun to eat with your hands. Serve with a side of rice or stir-fry vegetables.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. natural ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. hot mustard
- 2 tsp. red chili paste
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1⁄2 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup diced water chestnuts
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, dissolve the coconut sugar in the warm water. Add soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, lemon juice, sesame oil, mustard, and chili paste and stir well. Set sauce aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat grapeseed oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the ground chicken, water chestnuts, and 3 tablespoons of the sauce. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remainder of the sauce in a small saucepan over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of each lettuce leaf. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve remaining sauce on the side for dipping.