Chicken Matzo Schnitzel
Chicken breasts are pounded thin and coated in seasoned matzo before they’re fried to a crispy golden brown…yum.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin with mallet
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 4 lemon wedges
- Mix eggs in a wide, flat bowl.
- Add matzo meal, salt, pepper and paprika in a wide, flat bowl and mix.
- Pour oil in a skillet (about ¼”). Heat slowly over medium heat.
- Fry coated chicken in batches about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Drain cooked chicken on a paper towel and sprinkle with additional salt. Garnish with parsley and squeeze fresh lemon on top.
- Refrigerate leftovers.