Chicken Meatball & Cornbread Appetizer
A fun, flavorful twist on party food, this cornbread appetizer is a savory treat that serves as the perfect precursor to any holiday meal. Simply prepare your favorite cornbread recipe and top it with Aidells® Teriyaki & Pineapple Meatballs. If you love barbecue, follow the steps below to whip up an easy lemon-pepper barbecue glaze for another layer of flavor your holiday guests will love!
Serves: 15Prep: 5 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (7 oz.) cornbread, prepared
- 1 package (12 oz.) Aidells® Meatballs Teriyaki & Pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, optional
- Squeeze of lemon juice, optional
- Pinch of black pepper, optional
- Prepare the cornbread according to package directions or use your favorite homemade recipe. Cool slightly then cut it into 15 squares.
- Meanwhile, in skillet, heat meatballs over medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can warm them in the oven at 375°F for 8-12 minutes or microwave them on high for 2-3 minutes.
- For the optional barbecue glaze, bring sauce to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and pepper.
- Let the glaze cool for a minute then brush onto the warmed meatballs. Place a meatball on each square of cornbread.
- Serve with extra sauce and toothpicks on the side and enjoy! Refrigerate leftovers.