Chicken Meatball Skewers
Don’t throw away leftover mashed potatoes! This recipe gives you a great chance to use them.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 large, sturdy sprigs rosemary (about 6 inches long)
- 2 lbs. ground chicken
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 bulb garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Leaving 2 inches of leaves at the top of each rosemary sprig, strip remaining leaves and chop. Measure 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary and set aside. Reserve remaining chopped rosemary for another use.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, shallots, garlic, egg, cheese, potatoes, chopped rosemary, and pepper. Form the mixture into balls about 2 to 3 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the meatballs in a lightly greased baking pan and cover. Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and brown for 10 minutes.
- Cool meatballs about 10 minutes. Skewer 3 meatballs on each rosemary skewer. Serve warm.