Chicken Meatball Tomato Sauce
Homemade chicken meatballs add a nice twist to this traditional sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, and minced garlic and shallot. Form into 1" balls. Place on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pour the tomatoes into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the onion. Stir. Add the meatballs and stir to coat with sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours. Top with basil to serve.