Chicken Meatball Tomato Sauce
Homemade chicken meatballs add a nice twist to this traditional sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 6 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix the chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, and minced garlic and shallot. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on the baking sheets and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pour the tomatoes into a 4-quart slow cooker. Add the onion. Stir. Add the meatballs and stir to coat with sauce. Cook on low for 6 hours. Top with basil to serve.