Chicken Meatballs with Zucchini Noodles
Lighter meatballs served with deliciously filling zucchini noodles are a fresh take on pasta night.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Kroger Garlic Powder
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces zucchini noodles
- 1 jar (24 oz.) Private Selection™ Basilico Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground chicken, salt, garlic powder, green onions, egg and bread crumbs.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly and roll into 8 separate meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until tender. Add the tomato sauce and cook until heated through.
- When the meatballs are finished cooking, add them into the sauce.
- Serve with Parmesan and fresh basil.
- Refrigerate leftovers.