While the traditional chicken parmesan recipes are tasty, they’re often packed with fat, calories, and sodium. Enjoy this favorite Italian dish without the guilt!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 slices fresh buffalo mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp. chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and prepare a 9" x 13" casserole dish with olive oil spray.
- Place chicken breasts in the dish, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle Italian seasoning over top.
- Bake chicken for 20 minutes, remove from oven, pour sauce around chicken, and top with mozzarella slices and basil leaves.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through with juices running clear.