Chicken and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce
Make this rustic dish in just a few steps. First dredge the chicken in seasoned flour, sear, and place in a baking dish. Next, sauté leeks and mushrooms in the pan drippings, add cream to deglaze. Pour the sauce into the baking dish with the chicken. Finish cooking the dish in the oven and serve with rice, noodles, or crusty bread.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 boneless, skin-on chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leek, trimmed and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 Tbsp. parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, melt butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, skin-side down; sear each side, about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer chicken to a medium baking dish.
- To drippings remaining in skillet, add leeks, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook and stir for 3 minutes to deglaze pan. Pour cream into pan and bring to a simmer. Pour mixture over chicken in baking dish.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and mushrooms are very tender.
- Slice chicken breasts and serve with mushrooms and cream sauce.