Chicken Pad See Ew
Pad See Ew is found on many Thai restaurant menus. It's so easy to make these pan-fried noodles at home!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (16 oz.) dried wide rice noodles
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. dark soy sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground white pepper
- Soak noodles in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse; set aside
- Heat a deep pan or a wok over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and sauté garlic in the oil for 10–15 seconds, until fragrant and brown. Add the chicken and stir until the meat is cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken mixture and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the noodles with light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and chicken broth. Stir to coat. Add remaining oil to pan and spread noodles out over heated surface of the wok. Let noodles pan-fry for about 1 minute, stirring the entire time, until noodles are softened and have absorbed all the sauces.
- Make a well and add eggs in the middle of the pan, crack the yolks, and let fry for 1 minute. When the eggs are partially cooked, mix in with the noodles.
- Add the bok chok and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Return chicken to the pan and stir-fry until heated through, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sugar. Stir and mix well. Serve warm.