In less than an hour, you can enjoy this very simple dish. Feel free to add or delete just about anything you like to the sauté; you'll still have a fast and delicious paella.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. chicken tenders, chopped
- ½ lb. large shrimp, shelled
- 4 tsp. Creole seasoning, divided
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb. chorizo sausage, diced
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. clams
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked yellow rice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dill
- Place chicken and shrimp in different bowls and toss each with 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning. Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sauté for about 10 minutes. Add shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, chorizo, wine, garlic, onion, salt, pepper, and clams. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add green peas and cooked yellow rice. Cook until the rice absorbs all the chicken stock, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and dill before serving.