Chicken Paillards with Mushrooms
Try using a combination of button and Cremini mushrooms in this hearty recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 small shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of waxed paper and pound until ¼" thick. On shallow plate, combine flour, salt, pepper, and marjoram. Dredge chicken in flour mixture to coat.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken; sauté on first side for 3 minutes, then carefully turn and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove to platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to skillet; cook and stir for 4–5 minutes until tender. Meanwhile, in small bowl combine broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and cornstarch, and mix well. Add to mushroom mixture and bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to skillet; cook until chicken is hot and sauce bubbles and thickens. Serve immediately over rice.