This is an old favorite. Serve alongside a simple cucumber side dish for a hearty, satisfying meal.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (5 oz.)
- ⅛ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. Hungarian paprika
- ⅓ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until lightly browned, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the garlic, paprika, and chicken stock, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add ¼ cup sour cream, whisking constantly to blend.
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve with sauce ladled over the chicken and garnished with parsley and remaining sour cream.