Chicken Parmesan Casserole
This quick and easy casserole has all the family favorite flavors of chicken parmigiana without the work of breading and frying chicken.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1½" cubes
- 2 cups (8 oz.) Grated Italian Style 5 Cheese Blend
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or oregano, chopped, if desired
- Hot cooked pasta tossed with olive oil, if desired
- Position oven rack in upper ⅓ of oven. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13"x9" baking dish (3 quart) with cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; add chicken cubes and toss until coated.
- Spread floured chicken in single layer in baking dish. Spray tops with cooking spray. Bake on upper rack 15- 18 minutes or until light golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- Pour marinara sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with shredded and grated cheeses. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted, casserole is bubbly and interior temperature of chicken pieces is at least 165°F.
- Mix breadcrumbs and melted butter and sprinkle over cheese. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown; sprinkle with herbs. Serve alone or with hot cooked pasta.