Chicken Parmesan Meatball Sandwiches
These meatball sandwiches are the perfect mid-week dinner or weekend lunch because they‘re fast, filling, and family-friendly!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs, divided
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb blend
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 4 slices Kroger Brand Mozzarella Cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In shallow bowl, combine 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese.
- In large bowl, combine chicken, remaining ¼ cup breadcrumbs, remaining ¼ cup parmesan, milk, egg, Italian herbs, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 12 meatballs.
- Roll meatballs in breadcrumb-parmesan mixture; arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- In each bun, arrange 3 meatballs, ¼ cup marinara sauce and 1 slice of mozzarella cheese. Return to baking sheet.
- Bake an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.