Chicken Pasta with Anise and Caper Sauce
Try this sauce over boneless pork chops or boneless, skinless chicken breasts and egg noodles.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium anise bulbs
- 2 Tbsp. nonpareil capers
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 small shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 cooked chicken thighs
- 4 cups cooked farfalle pasta
- Cut off anise stalks and freeze for soup stock. Thinly slice the anise bulbs. Place the anise, capers, broth, shallots, tomatoes, salt, and pepper in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, and then add the parsley. Cook an additional 15–30 minutes on high. Serve with chicken over farfalle.