Chicken and Pepper Rolls
For a bit of acidity and spice, top your chicken and pepper rolls with pickled hot peppers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in thin strips
- ⅛ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pint white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls (6”), split and lightly toasted
- Season chicken with cayenne, black pepper, and salt. Heat a wok over medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms, and bell peppers. Cook for 3–4 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to the side of your wok and add the chicken. Stir-fry the chicken for 4–5 minutes or until brown.
- In a single layer, lay the cheese over the chicken. Cover and allow cheese to melt. Divide the chicken, cheese, and vegetables amongst the rolls. Serve immediately.