Chicken and Quinoa Bliss Bowl with Avocado Dressing
This bowl is loaded with textures. The avocado lime dressing adds a gorgeous citrus flavor.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 large avocado
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- ¼ cup roughly chopped radicchio
- 1 cup diced rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup arugula
- ¼ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel the sweet potato and cut into ½" cubes. On a large baking sheet, toss with avocado oil and season with pepper and ½ teaspoon salt. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Wash quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a medium saucepan with chicken broth. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, and let steam for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Reserve.
- Halve the avocado, and remove the seed. Spoon the avocado flesh into a mini-food processor or blender, and process with lime juice and remaining salt. If it’s too thick, add water to get desired consistency.
- Place roasted potatoes, quinoa, radicchio, rotisserie chicken, arugula, and onion in a bowl. Drizzle avocado dressing over the ingredients.