Chicken, Rice and Black Bean Bowl
Enjoy this nutrient-packed Tex-Mex medley for either lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Long Grain Brown Rice
- 2 cups Simple Truth™ Chicken Breast Strips, thawed and cut into chunks
- 1 can Simple Truth Organic™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeds and ribs removed for less heat, if desired), minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Cumin
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick medium skillet on medium heat, heat chicken chunks until warm, about 5 minutes.
- Place rice in a large bowl; add chicken, beans, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeño, vinegar, oil and cumin. Season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Top with a dollop of sour cream before serving.