Chicken Salad with Cashews and Apples
What an elegant salad for lunch. You can substitute almonds or walnuts for the cashews, if desired.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup peeled and diced Granny Smith apples
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- ¾ cup finely chopped celery
- ½ cup roasted cashew pieces
- ⅛ tsp. celery salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Combine the diced apples with the rice wine vinegar in a medium-sized nonreactive mixing bowl; toss to mix. Add the chicken, celery, cashews, celery salt, and pepper; mix to combine.
- Mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and lemon juice in a small nonreactive bowl.
- Add ¾ of the dressing to the chicken mixture and mix well. Add more dressing, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved. Refrigerate until ready to serve.