Chicken Salad with Maple, Chili and Lime Vinaigrette
This salad is sweet, savory, and slightly spicy. It’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 flour tortilla (8")
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 cups sliced Napa cabbage
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- ½ small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- Cut tortilla into strips. Heat vegetable oil in a medium nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add the tortilla to the pan, and brown on both sides, about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Place the cabbage, greens, shredded chicken, onion, and sunflower seeds in a large salad bowl.
- Whisk the olive oil, maple syrup, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and top with tortilla strips.