This Italian classic is traditionally made with veal scallops instead of the chicken in this recipe. Serve with creamed spinach and buttered fettuccine noodles for a complete meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Pound the chicken breasts flat so they are the same thickness throughout.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lay one slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast and lay one sage leaf on top of the prosciutto. Secure everything together using a toothpick.
- Heat butter and oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Lay chicken in the skillet prosciutto-side down and sauté until crisp. Turn over and finish cooking on the other side.