Chicken Sausage with Vegetables and Orzo
Everything is cooked together in this one-pot dish for tender veggies, even flavors and easy cleanup!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 oz.) Simple Truth™ Spinach Gruyere Chicken Sausage Links, sliced into rounds
- 1 pound broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced into strips and halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh parsley, to serve
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken sausage until evenly browned on both sides. Add broccolini and bell pepper; sauté until tender. Season with salt, pepper and garlic.
- Add orzo and broth; bring to boil, cover and reduce heat. Cook until pasta is al dente, about 15 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with fresh parsley.