Chicken Scallops Stuffed with Spinach and Cheese
This dish is wonderful for entertaining since the stuffing dresses up regular chicken and makes the dish seem more difficult to make than it actually is!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each), pounded to ½" thickness
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle the pounded chicken breasts with flour, salt, and pepper on both sides.
- Combine the spinach, cheese, and nutmeg in a small bowl and mix well. Spread ricotta mixture on the chicken breasts. Roll them and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken until lightly browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Add the lemon juice and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.