Chicken Shish Kebabs
If you prefer beef or lamb, cook them for 2–3 minutes on each side until done. Pork will take the same amount of time as the chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 12 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2" chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into 1" pieces
- Place the oil, herbs, and garlic in a food processor and blend into a smooth purée. Place ¼ cup in a separate bowl and add the lemon zest. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Place it into a container with the rest of the purée. Refrigerate 12 hours.
- Use a skewer to spear a piece of meat, a pepper, and an onion, leaving a little room between each item.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s heated brush the pan with a little oil. Place the skewers on top, being careful they don’t touch. Cook for 3–4 minutes on each side. Place the kebabs on a platter. Pour the reserved purée on top and serve.