Chicken Shish Kebabs
If you prefer beef or lamb, cook them for 2 to 3 minutes on each side until done. Pork will take the same amount of time as the chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 12 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large Vidalia onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place the oil, herbs, and garlic in a food processor and blend into a smooth purée. Place 1⁄4 cup in a separate bowl and add the lemon zest. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper. Place it into a container with the rest of the purée. Refrigerate 12 hours.
- Use a skewer to spear a piece of meat, a pepper, and an onion, leaving a little room between each item.
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s heated brush the pan with a little oil. Place the skewers on top, being careful they don’t touch. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Place the kebabs on a platter. Pour the reserved purée on top and serve.