Chicken Soup Verde
It’s very important to trim the bottom of the asparagus off or clean it very well, as this portion of the vegetable often contains sand.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ lb. asparagus
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. dried dill
- ¼ tsp. dried tarragon
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- ½ tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Wash and cut the woody end off asparagus, halve asparagus lengthwise, then cut into 1½" segments and set aside.
- Add chicken broth and wine to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus, garlic, parsley, dill, and tarragon to saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Add chicken, sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions to the saucepan. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper.