Chicken just soaks up the wonderful seasonings in this dish. Serve with a fresh garden salad and your meal is complete!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. lactose-free margarine
- ½ cup minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomatoes, puréed
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- ¼ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sauté until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken to skillet with onion and garlic and brown. Add tomatoes and sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add basil, thyme, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 25 minutes. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.