These little croquettes are wonderful with a teriyaki dipping sauce.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. ground chicken
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- 3 scallions, minced
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1½ cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, spinach, scallions, parsley, and eggs. Mixed together with hands until all ingredients are blended.
- Add 1 cup soft bread crumbs and combine until mixture is slightly stiff. Add more soft bread crumbs if necessary.
- Form mixture into 30 small meatballs. Roll each lightly in dry bread crumbs.
- Pour vegetable oil into a deep-sided frying pan. Warm oil over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Fry chicken balls a few at a time, until each is golden brown. Drain on paper towels and keep warm until ready to serve.