Chicken Taco Soup
This slow-cooked soup delivers rich flavor without a lot of hands-on time.
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz.) sweet corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, skinned and meat pulled
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) small red beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons canned green chili peppers
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 cups chicken stock
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for topping
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Over medium heat, add the first 7 ingredients along with the chicken stock to a stock pot and gently mix. Cover with lid and simmer. Cook for about 2 hours or until beans are soft. When beans are soft, add the skinned and pulled chicken. Cook it for 10 more minutes. Turn off the heat and serve in a soup bowl.
- For a sour cream topping: Place sour cream in a bowl and whisk in lime juice, paprika and salt. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Once the chicken soup is ready, serve with cheddar cheese and a dollop of the sour cream topping.