Serve these crispy sticks with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa, or a Mexican-cheese fondue.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 package (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
- 24 corn tortillas (6")
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Toss the chicken with the taco seasoning in a bowl. Add the cheddar cheese and toss to mix.
- Roll a small amount of the chicken mixture tightly in each tortilla and place them on a tray.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Fry the taquitos, seam-side down first, in the oil on both sides until crisp. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.