This classic recipe looks complicated, but it goes together quickly. It’s a money saver too—it feeds a crowd with only 3 chicken breasts!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cans (4 oz.) mushroom pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. thyme leaves
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 package (16 oz.) spaghetti, cooked
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cup shredded Muenster cheese, divided
- 1⁄3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the onion and garlic; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain the mushrooms, reserving the juice. Add the mushrooms to the saucepan and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour, salt, pepper, and thyme leaves; cook and stir until bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, cream, and reserved mushroom liquid to the flour mixture in the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and chicken to the sauce. Stir in the mustard, sour cream, and 1 cup Muenster cheese. Pour into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining Muenster and Parmesan cheese and bake for 40 minutes or until casserole bubbles and begins to brown on top. Serve immediately.