Chicken Thighs à l'Orange
Prepare the marinade the night before, and this becomes a quick dish when you get home from work.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 medium oranges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine orange juice, wine, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a shallow pan and pour the juice-wine mixture over the chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour. Turn 2 to 3 times during the marinating time.
- Remove peel from oranges and slice into thin pieces. Remove the pith and discard. Section the oranges and set the orange pieces aside.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet and brown on both sides. Remove from pan.
- In a medium baking dish, arrange the chicken, bone side up. Pour the marinade, orange sections, and orange peel on top of chicken. Cover and bake 1 hour.
- After an hour, uncover and continue baking for 30 minutes or until browned. Strain the pan juices, pour over chicken, and serve.