Chicken Thighs with Maple-Mustard Barbecue Sauce
This recipe can serve as an easy weeknight dinner or be the main course at your next summer barbecue.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup brown mustard
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- Combine mustard, brown sugar, maple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add chicken, return water to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
- Place chicken in a large baking dish. Brush with the mustard sauce, cover with aluminum foil, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler for five minutes. Grease a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place marinated chicken on the prepared pan and broil for 6 to 8 minutes, per side.