Chicken Thighs with Onions and Tomatoes
Top each portion with 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This adds only 30 calories but 2 more grams of protein, which is helpful when you are looking for dishes that provide protein.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (4 oz. each)
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1 can (14½ oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. sugar
- Heat deep, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add onion; sauté until transparent.
- Add garlic and chicken thighs; sauté 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned. Remove from pan.
- Add wine, tomatoes and juices, parsley, oregano, pepper, and sugar. Stir well, bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer 10 more minutes.