Chicken Thighs with Peppers and Mushrooms
If you have fresh Roma tomatoes on hand, you can substitute 2 cups of diced fresh tomatoes for the canned tomatoes called for in this recipe.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 8 oz. fresh button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add the chicken skin-side down; cook until skin is golden brown, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 3 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate. Drain and discard any excess fat from skillet.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms to skillet; sauté until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary; cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Stir in the broth and wine to deglaze skillet; scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon to loosen browned bits. Stir in the tomatoes, return chicken to pan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.