Chicken Torta Sliders
With crusty hard rolls, tender chicken and tasty toppings, you’ll need to act fast to tackle one of these sliders.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 4 hoursTotal: 4 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 container Simple Truth Organic™ Medium Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 whole grain rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 cup guacamole
- Place chicken thighs in a slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper. Pour salsa over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for at least 8 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken and incorporate the juices.
- To serve, split the rolls and top with chicken and the remaining ingredients as toppings.