Chicken Tortellini Soup
Save your leftovers for a day before making this soup. Any kind of leftover cooked vegetables can be used in this recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 oz.) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. dill
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, tortellini, chicken, broccoli, bell pepper, carrot, dill, and black pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes. Top soup with grated cheese before serving.